For users of the TourCMS tour operator ecommerce platform
Google Adwords are now requiring all third party tracking URLs to be upgraded by 1st July otherwise they will no longer work.Therefore the current TourCMS tracking links generated through 'Travel Agent Manager' will no longer work as of next…Continue
Due to an internet wide security issue (called logjam) TourCMS hosting has been updated to defend against the issues found.However it turns out that one or two payment gateways (Worldpay and maybe Realex) are using technology (called Java 7) that is…Continue
I am probably being stupid, but can you tell me how to do this?I sell my tour in GBP, at (say) £100 per person.My costs are in a different currency, say US$, and are $100 for one person, and then $25 more for each additional person. My costs don't…Continue
Hello,I'm in the process of testing my website integration with the TourCMS system. I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way of stopping duplicate data. For example, if someone makes an enquiry and then requests a brochure it seems there are…Continue
I am wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a low cost trust account that is already fully integrated with tourcms to allow online credit card payments by customers.Unfortunately I signed up for Trust My Travel after I had discussed the…Continue
Hi,I wonder if you'd be able to add an extra Year on Year report option, on profit margin. This would be very useful (as this is what we're all aiming to create, and track increases/decreases). At the moment we need to create external reports in…Continue
Hi,I wonder if anyone has any suggestions to help with this. One of our homeworking staff can suddenly not access TourCMS. He's been using it for weeks, and all morning too. All of a sudden, neither the…Continue
Hi Alex,Where can we manage the translations from Hotel pickup points in the booking engine?Thanks in advance!LuitContinue
2013 was a busy year for TourCMS with a major increase in suppliers using us to run their websites, their daily operations and their distribution to travel agents, hotel concierges and web affiliates. Collectively we did around 100 million USD through the system (and 2014 is looking like a 200 million USD year)
People always ask us what is our focus going forwards? It is actually quite a hard question to answer in public but here goes
Day tours &…
Posted by TourCMS team on February 19, 2014 at 12:30pm
Team TourCMS has been busy making core system changes to. So busy that we have almost forgotten to write a release note for a few months saying what we have been upto!
At a very top level, the following functionality areas are new and/or vastly improved
Now able, on a tour by tour basis, set hotel pickup points. A much better approach than the previous, ad hoc, approach of using questions & answers. (Questions & answers…Continue
Posted by TourCMS team on April 11, 2013 at 10:29am
Variety of important changes made recently to the TourCMS system
* Hotel product types now hidden - although still possible to turn on hotel product types if you go to Configuration & Setup - tours general settings
* Freesale tour types (where customer selects a date) - now selectable on a tour by tour basis, but hidden by default. We still think freesale is very useful (especially for the basis of tailor-made tours) but…Continue
Posted by TourCMS team on November 9, 2012 at 4:41pm
Many changes this month to TourCMS - most of which are, if you are an existing customer, well worth paying attention to.
* Agent login - on start of booking engine - now uses the TourCMS Marketplace agent login credentials not the previously configured agent usernames/passwords. This means that agents only have to remember one set of credentials for any TourCMS customer (of course you as a supplier have to have a commercial relationship with each…Continue
We haven't announced TourCMS developments for a while but we have been hard at work tweaking, improving and changing the system - based on feedback from the 250 local tour operator customers - and our own vision.
This release note is a summary of changes made over the last few months:
* Unconfirmed bookings tab - easy to see bookings (arriving shortly) - where not yet confirmed (normal process is that this is for bookings where payments…Continue
Posted by TourCMS team on July 30, 2012 at 10:16am
Big roundup of many smaller changes that we have rolled out since the last release note back in November 2011.
- Website manager renamed as Channel Manager. Websites also renamed as Channels. (As a reminder, Channels enable you to manage multiple brands or websites within a single account)
- Portuguese booking engine / customer facing documentation (we now support 20…Continue