For users of the TourCMS tour operator ecommerce platform
As an experiment I want to expose our February development schedule. This is so you can see where a development you are waiting for is positioned. Also you can see a little "behind the curtain" and view the kind of work we are dong *
A couple of caveats
- Sometimes operational developments come up that are necessary to jump the queue
- Priorities change - or work turns out to take longer than previously envisaged (normally because we find issues or complexities we hadn't spotted in the initial analysis). Hence this is more of an "order" of development rather than a specific timeframe....
* Credit card integration - 2 gateways - CyberSource / La Caixia
* Able to refund from within back office (Cyber Source / Authorize.net)
* Credit card configuration credentials to internal API
* Merge credit card configuration screens to single area. Make it so we can have a different payment gateway per channel (rather than per account).
* New checkin process - for high volume day tour operations where you have thousands of people a day needing to be noted to have arrived
* Hotel pickup points - change back office and API so that we can have time specific hotel pickup points - rather than tour specific. i.e. an afternoon tour may have a different sub-set of hotels to pickup from than the morning tour
* Hotel pickup points - freetext hotel name - rather than from a list - switch to let this be turned on / off
* Hotel pickup points to staff booking engine / customer facing booking engine / backoffice
* Hotel pickup reports & hotel pickup fields to advanced custom-made reports
* Default travel agent commission type (on tours / options)
* Agents - make it so that the customer can pay the balance - but the commission is pre-removed from the booking balance. (Right now we have net balances, or consumer paying with an affiliate commission.... but we need consumer paying a net balance)
[Note that we have already released hotel pickup functionality - but it turned out that operationally some tour operators run hotel pickups differently to how we specified - hence why we are having to revisit the configuration. This is why we haven't yet exposed the hotel pickup scheduling to the staff / customer booking engine - as the setup of pickups will be adjusted]
* New "voucher" functionality - including able to add voucher to confirmed booking email. Voucher redemption tracking (reporting - not manual like currently)
* Agent able to login to TourCMS (travel agent login) and bounce back to a supplier website to book there - but with tracking correctly handled (i.e. not having to book via travel agent login)
* On request bookings - that don't charge the card up front (right now handled by channel - but this needs to be set on a tour by tour basis)
* Promo codes automatically handlable in customer booking engine, API, staff booking engine, back office - including setting up, entry etc.
[Vouchers are possible right now - but we want to create a "standard" voucher process - rather than have everyone doing their own thing (but you can continue to do your own thing)]
[Promo codes tend to be actioned manually right now]
* Enhanced net rate functionality - so you can distribute net rates - rather than distribute retail rates with net balances (commission removed). Additionally sale value needs to be taking into account the net rate rather than coming in as the retail rate, even when a net rate booking
* Sub channels - so you can have multiple channels - each sharing the same tour descriptions etc - but trading on a different sales rate. Will make it easier to have say 20 channels in operation.
* New staff booking engine design (including adding customer fields in the booking flow)
25- 1st March
* Post booking pre travel - simple data collection tool
* Japanese / Albanian languages
* Some back office engineering on system scale
* Mainly left free for over runs / mop up on previous work
If you want to prioritise a specific development that you really need, we are available for hire (500 GBP a day) to make developments into the core TourCMS system. In February we have a couple of days assigned to this.
This month the work will focus on a concept called bucket pricing - where the sale price of a tour alters as bookings are received (just like airline pricing). Turns out to be a popular pricing mechanism for bus tours (due to limited capacity and desire to drive people to book early)
This is us trying a new communication approach this month. If this works (and helps) we will do this again next month. Comments etc appreciated (on this thread).
CEO - TourCMS
* Behind the curtain - Wizard of Oz!
Looks great - really interesting to know what you are working on even if not specificity things we are waiting for.
Looking forward to the data collection tool at the end of the month (or early next month!)
Currently we are running down this order - but with a few timing changes.
Additionally La Caixa - we are suggesting people integrate via Ogone payment gateway rather than directly to the bank