Just a few tweaks in the last couple of weeks as our time has been spent working on laying foundations for the new project that we emailed everyone about a few weeks back and will be announcing shortly.....
Travel product setup
* Able to store multiple language descriptions for each tour / option.
e.g. imagine you have a French and an English website. Setup one website channel to be in French, another to be in English. You can now load against the French… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on October 27, 2009 at 1:13am —
Pretty large release went live yesterday
* Able to set a default component order for an itinerary - so if you are a tour company that sells hotels, or a hotel company that sells tours, you can get the correct component to show at the top of the list regardless of the dates of the individual products
* Can now add a note for further information on travel agent commission (e.g. payment date etc). Also a tick box whether commission paid (and in… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on October 9, 2009 at 8:42am —
A few months ago we were shortlisted in the Best technology provider
category of the Travolution Awards 2009
On Tuesday evening (29th September) we will find out whether we have won! Wish us luck.
Our view is that we have always focussed on providing just the technology. We believe that as web based software you want to be able to evaluate the system, run your project and get trading using TourCMS with the minimum of input from us. In effect this means we ONLY… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on September 28, 2009 at 9:30am —
Just a few tweaks this week
* Able to swap between counting days and counting nights for hotel product types (remember between today and tommorow is 2 days but 1 night). You can't swap on hotel product types that have bookings, but at least this will solve various setup issues when you are learning the difference between the two types
* Channel report - so you can see the % of your bookings that come via your web… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on July 28, 2009 at 7:55am —
Please note that the system engineering team will be conducting maintenance on our hosting environment
0400 UTC to 0900 UTC, Sunday 19th July
Some intermittent downtime is expected during this time window.
Added by TourCMS team on July 18, 2009 at 9:46am —
Bookings that are made by agents (or assigned to agents) where they are owing the balance (vs the customer paying on a direct booking) will now have a reduced balance taking into account any commission that is owed to them.
i.e. for a 1000 GBP booking where you owe 200 GBP commission, the balance even when the booking is first made will just be 800 GBP.
This will impact all new bookings going forward - and any existing bookings that are edited… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on July 12, 2009 at 4:39pm —
So much to cover in this release note.... so
* On the sales ledger report you can now search by booking dates (not just payment dates). Handy if you want a deferred income report (needed by some accountants!)
* Extra detail on the booking summary report - markup / commission - and able to report by agent
* Customer extra data fields can be added to customer summary reports
* Booking extra data fields can be added to booking summary reports
* In… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on July 5, 2009 at 10:26pm —
Please accept my apologies for the outage that occured on Monday 29th June 2009
This was due to a power issue in the data centre. We use the global leading hosting / server company and they, and us, try to minimise all such events.
You can read about what the technology blog Techcrunch made of the outage..... Techcrunch… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on June 29, 2009 at 10:00pm —
We have added two more booking engine languages
We are also working on an integration with a Croatian payment gateway (for credit cards), to be announced shortly.
Added by TourCMS team on June 13, 2009 at 11:47am —
Quick note to say that we have released some tweaks to enquiry handling today
1) You can now be emailed when an enquiry (such as a brochure request / contact us form submission etc) is completed on your website. Choose between having a single generic email address to receive all enquiries or for individual, named, staff to receive the email (or a combination of both).
The enquiry XML API has been updated and you can, for specific requests, decide not to receive emails. For… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on June 9, 2009 at 9:49am —
Very small release this week
Better locked out experience
- as you probably know if you fail to login 4 times to TourCMS that username is locked until a new password is issued (within system management section). Now, if you fail to login you will be sent an email saying that you have failed and also giving you your current failed login count. Normally you know when you have failed to login however a scenario can occur when someone else fails to login using your username, your… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on May 24, 2009 at 9:50am —
Many tweaks to tell you about this week. All of them have been requested by yourselves (or have come up from projects that we are involved with). Please keep the feedback coming!
TourCMS price change
In case you missed it, we have tweaked the TourCMS prices a little. The two main changes are
- low transaction volume accounts (i.e. 10 or so bookings a month) are now limited to 50 bookings before you have to start paying
- higher transaction volume accounts (i.e.… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on May 17, 2009 at 1:30pm —
This weeks release contains:
* New attribute for website template engine API - addslashes
- which adds a slash before quotes - and can be helpful if you are assigning a local variable on your website to a TourCMS item of data. [If you don't care about that, don't worry!] More info for developers
* Online booking change in CSS - instead of the upper case section headings being set… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on April 11, 2009 at 2:03pm —
Firstly thank you everyone for your feedback - online and privately - regarding our proposed changes to the TourCMS price structure.
As a result we are ready to announce the following changes:
The cap for the free account level has been changed from 10 bookings per month to 50 total
We do have quite a large number of companies using the free account to run their business. We were (and are) happy to support these companies through their growth period. However we… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on April 6, 2009 at 2:30pm —
Latest weekly release went live last night. Again lots of little tweaks mostly suggested by you. Keep the feedback coming!
* Can now do multiple hotel rooms in a single booking. There is a switch to turn this on within the booking engine design tool.
* Second screen now shows prices upto that point (before options are added) rather than showing the date itinerary. Previously if a customer added a product on step 1 they didn't see the total price until… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on March 30, 2009 at 4:25pm —
New release gone live over the weekend - mainly lots of tweaks that have come from your suggestions (keep the suggestions coming!)
* For hotel style products you can now hide the adult / children number breakdown on the sale detail token.
* Fixed problem where if you are adding an existing customer to an existing booking, if you fail to select a customer you end up redirecting to the main bookings page. Now if you… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on March 15, 2009 at 2:00pm —
A few tweaks
* Now have upto 250 people in a single booking
* Able to edit the workflow checklist on the booking (in configuration & setup)
* New issues tab - so you can easily see overbooked and under min-capacity trips. This issues tab is going to be developed so you can track data that hasn't been completed etc (for example if you haven't received passport information 4 weeks prior to trip starting)
* Able to see, on the… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on February 16, 2009 at 10:33am —
Over the last month we have been focussing on lots of small changes - rather than anything large and significant that were worth telling you about. This release note is a wrap-up some of the detail.
* New "Build your own" reports tool. This is still work in progress. Once fully documented we will tell you more about this. The intention is that you can build your own report templates. Ideal for when you are looking to do multiple booking… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on January 28, 2009 at 5:00pm —
Right - lots of small tweaks to inform everyone about
Bookings & Customers
* Can now define two outcomes of an enquiry (booked / not booked - or perhaps success / failure)
* Customer extra fields (& booking extra fields) - can now take more than 100 entries...
* Translated the word "to" (as in 100 GBP to 150 GBP) in… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on December 8, 2008 at 10:52pm —
This is a major release.
Hotel - room / rate level pricing
In a nutshell
* Can be used for dive boats, hotel sales, allocating customers to jeeps and boats etc.....
* Rooms can't be overbooked (but rates can)
* Handle upto 10 board bases
* Setup different adult / child occupancy levels per room / rate
* Handle 1st adult, 2nd adult etc style pricing
TourCMS can now be used as a PMS (Property Management System) or a multi-hotel travel… Continue
Added by TourCMS team on November 19, 2008 at 4:49pm —