For users of the TourCMS tour operator ecommerce platform
Today I am happy to announce that Travel UCD Limited (TourCMS) has been acquired by Palisis AG http://www.palisis.com/ .
Palisis is a Switzerland headquartered travel technology company focussed on ticketing for local tour operators. They, like TourCMS, have a passion on solving technology challenges faced by local tour operators big and small.
TourCMS is used by hundreds of tour operators and many online travel agents who rely on TourCMS…Continue
Time to go back to our monthly schedule of public updates via this blog as the last one was a while back!
2013 was a busy year for TourCMS with a major increase in suppliers using us to run their websites, their daily operations and their distribution to travel agents, hotel concierges and web affiliates. Collectively we did around 100 million USD through the system (and 2014 is looking like a 200 million USD year)
People always ask us what is our focus going forwards? It is actually quite a hard question to answer in public but here goes
Day tours &…
Added by TourCMS team on February 19, 2014 at 12:30pm — No Comments
Team TourCMS has been busy making core system changes to. So busy that we have almost forgotten to write a release note for a few months saying what we have been upto!
At a very top level, the following functionality areas are new and/or vastly improved
Now able, on a tour by tour basis, set hotel pickup points. A much better approach than the previous, ad hoc, approach of using questions & answers. (Questions & answers…Continue
Added by TourCMS team on April 11, 2013 at 10:29am — No Comments
Variety of important changes made recently to the TourCMS system
* Hotel product types now hidden - although still possible to turn on hotel product types if you go to Configuration & Setup - tours general settings
* Freesale tour types (where customer selects a date) - now selectable on a tour by tour basis, but hidden by default. We still think freesale is very useful (especially for the basis of tailor-made tours) but…Continue
Added by TourCMS team on November 9, 2012 at 4:41pm — No Comments
Many changes this month to TourCMS - most of which are, if you are an existing customer, well worth paying attention to.
* Agent login - on start of booking engine - now uses the TourCMS Marketplace agent login credentials not the previously configured agent usernames/passwords. This means that agents only have to remember one set of credentials for any TourCMS customer (of course you as a supplier have to have a commercial relationship with each…Continue
We haven't announced TourCMS developments for a while but we have been hard at work tweaking, improving and changing the system - based on feedback from the 250 local tour operator customers - and our own vision.
This release note is a summary of changes made over the last few months:
* Unconfirmed bookings tab - easy to see bookings (arriving shortly) - where not yet confirmed (normal process is that this is for bookings where payments…Continue
Added by TourCMS team on July 30, 2012 at 10:16am — No Comments
Big roundup of many smaller changes that we have rolled out since the last release note back in November 2011.
- Website manager renamed as Channel Manager. Websites also renamed as Channels. (As a reminder, Channels enable you to manage multiple brands or websites within a single account)
- Portuguese booking engine / customer facing documentation (we now support 20…Continue
Many changes in the last month or so have gone live. Again most of these have come from your feedback and requirements - please keep it coming.
We have also been involved in a large UK project (announcement coming shortly) and that did take quite a bit of development resource time..... but now that this project is almost complete we can revert back to full time improvements including shortly more CRM functionality, more payment gateways and additional financial…Continue
Added by TourCMS team on November 6, 2011 at 12:00pm — No Comments
Plenty of smaller changes and some massive ones since the last release note:
General small tweaks
* Can now brand the TourCMS back office in your colours and in your name
* Able to add staff users with permission to view bookings restricted by website channel (rather than previously by product filter)
* Easier to delete customers/enquiries - including a new SPAM delete mechanism for undesirable enquiries
* Able to move multiple…Continue
Plenty of small changes made to TourCMS since the last release note....
Launch your own affiliate programme
One of the most powerful aspects of TourCMS is the distribution and marketing tools that are part of the TourCMS Marketplace. However upto this point it has been tricky to sign up your own agents quickly (for you and them).
Now you can add a sign up form…Continue
Wide ranging changes to TourCMS have been released recently. Here is a summary:
* 3 new languages - Chinese, Finnish, Danish
* 2 new payment gateways - Nets (Norway), Sparkassen-InternetKasse (Germany)
* Customer title now has a separate setting to name (yes, no, mandatory)
* Step 1 calendar can now be set to start on Sunday (rather than Monday). Ideal for US customers.
* Can change the text for adults,…Continue
Added by TourCMS team on April 10, 2011 at 12:30pm — No Comments
Phew big release this week.... Lots of nice new shiny functionality
* Search by grade and accommodation rating
* Change the keyword search to be an AND rather than the default OR
* Copy the same description (tour/hotel) into multiple website channels quickly. Handy if you are featuring your tour/hotel on multiple channels and you want to share the same descriptions on all. Some…Continue
This is the last release note of the year and it contains a bit of a mixed bag of changes and tweaks. Mainly the focus has been on changes made as a direct result of your suggestions and feedback.
* Booking name - new switch (in configuration & setup, bookings) to make the booking name come from the first tour/hotel added (rather than the last one added). Generally the default is fine (especially if you are tailor making an itinerary)…Continue
Added by TourCMS team on December 21, 2010 at 1:26pm — No Comments
Added by TourCMS team on November 12, 2010 at 9:48am — No Comments
Added by TourCMS team on October 29, 2010 at 10:34am — No Comments
Added by TourCMS team on September 15, 2010 at 9:56am — No Comments
Added by TourCMS team on August 23, 2010 at 3:03pm — No Comments
Added by TourCMS team on August 12, 2010 at 12:56pm — No Comments