For users of the TourCMS tour operator ecommerce platform
Many changes this month to TourCMS - most of which are, if you are an existing customer, well worth paying attention to.
* Agent login - on start of booking engine - now uses the TourCMS Marketplace agent login credentials not the previously configured agent usernames/passwords. This means that agents only have to remember one set of credentials for any TourCMS customer (of course you as a supplier have to have a commercial relationship with each agent, they can't just sell you regardless)
* Agent login on start of booking engine - removed the "select agent from a list" capability
* Invite existing agents to the TourCMS Marketplace. From within agent manager you can invite an agent - they will receive an email (sent from you) with a link. If they click the link (and accept the invitation) a TourCMS Marketplace agent account will be created for them - pre-connected with your products (so they can start selling you immediately). Now very easy to work with more and more agents!
* New filter in agent manager - top agents (by number of bookings). Find your best agents easily!
* New phrasing - Private, Public & Distributed - hopefully this differentiation is clear to everyone
* Tour names - big reorganisation of tour names. Firstly removed the capability to have website channel specific external (non distributed) tour names. Then we added the capability to have long tour names (upto 100 characters) on a website channel by channel basis. So previously was 4 tour names per tour - now we have 3 tour names per tour.
* Split the includes and excludes fields into 2 fields. Existing data is in the includes field
* Removed the alternative descriptions (by default)
* Start and end times now settable on a 5 minute increment (not 10 minutes as before)
* Descriptions content - removed h1, h2, h3, h4 heading capability from the content fields (really headings should be in your template designs, not in the data.... especially as we have now split the includes and excludes fields)
* Cut offs (on tour departures / freesale) - so you can now close much more accurately for on the day bookings
* Ask first settings (for departures) are now set as % of the trip capacity rather than actual numbers. Also they are off by default.
* Removed the unlimited quantity switch on a tour - so all can now be edited fully
* Removed the itinerary tab by default (but you can turn it on again in bookings configuration & setup)
* Removed the f_notice element tag
* Removed the %website_address% booking token (and field)
* URLs should now support UTF8 characters (Greek, Japanese etc)
* Split the user permissions from the system management section
* Only account owners now can see billing information, change credit cards etc
* Inactivity logout now 60 minutes for everyone (rather than some on 15 mins)
* Merged some of the user permissions to use the same permission settings - hopefully making it easier to setup new users and manage existing users
* Removed the hotel word and tour word configuration capability
In October 2012 we will continue to make substantial improvements and changes to the system. We will endeavour to keep changes to a sustainable level. We appreciate your support in our aim of making TourCMS easier to configure and more powerful at the same time.