For users of the TourCMS tour operator ecommerce platform
Big roundup of many smaller changes that we have rolled out since the last release note back in November 2011.
- Website manager renamed as Channel Manager. Websites also renamed as Channels. (As a reminder, Channels enable you to manage multiple brands or websites within a single account)
- Portuguese booking engine / customer facing documentation (we now support 20 languages)
Agents & Suppliers
- Delete agent records
- Delete supplier records
- Supplier login - able to change the message about image caching - if you are only updating images on your website once every 24 hours (rather than if you are serving images from our infrastructure, when it will be updated after 30 minutes)
- Agent manger - now has agent group selection
- Booking report - now has agent group selection
Customers & Bookings
- SMS sending for flags & notifications
- Easy to delete blank customer records (go to super user in the customers section and you will see the link there)
- New automated emails in Channel Manager - mid-trip, booking anniversary, travel anniversary, payment acknowledgement
- Redesigned flags & notifications settings for all users
- Able to BCC users that the booking is assigned to - for all outbound automated email.
- New flags & notifications - successful/failed payment (when customer made via email request)
- Add multiple customers at once (to an existing booking)
- Uncancel a booking, deletes the cancel notifications & flags
- On a user you can set a corporate (or team) from name / email address for outbound email. Therefore you can keep their own email addresses on their user accounts (so they receive notifications etc) BUT can send via perhaps a shared generic email address for outbound email to customers
- Year on Year reports - now shows the last 3 years - if doing the report based on the year entered the system
- Balance due information now available on the booking summary report (Advanced reports)
- Authorize.net added
- As mentioned, there is a new payment acknowledgement email you can send (handy to send emails to customers when they have made a payment from an email request)
- As mentioned, you can now be set a flag & notification for a successful or failed credit card payment made from an email request.
- datesndeals API - can now call with distinct start dates - so only get one deal per date (ideal if you are creating an availability calendar and need to colour it correctly without doing much calculation yourself)
A couple of tweaks to our pricing. Nothing any paying customers should worry about!
- Free accounts have moved to 10 tours/hotels before you have to upgrade (rather than 20)
- Budget + has moved from 3 to 5 channels
- Standard has moved from 4 to 5 channels
- Premium has moved to unlimited bookings (was 1000 a month previously)
- Gold has moved to unlimited bookings (was 1000 a month previously)